--Buttons in Flash Tutorial--
From now on, whenever I have free time, i'm going to write little flash tutorials on my userpage.
Buttons are really easy to make in Flash and they're often used. Here is the easiest way to make a button in Flash.
1. Start a new document in Actionscript 2.0 (File > New > Flash File (Actionscript 2.0) > Ok)
2. Create a new keyframe (Insert > Timeline > Keyframe)
3. Make the button into a movie clip (-select the drawing of the button- > Modify > Convert to Symbol > -type name and make sure that the movie clip dot is chosen (this can also be done if you pick button, but it's a bit more complex)-)
4. Double click the movie object, right click it, click on actions and type this code in:
5. Close the actions window and presto!!! But we're not done yet... You have to make it so that the page will stay until you click a button.
6. Go to the main timeline (if you're still on the page with the movie clip, click on the blue arrow on the top left of the stage)
7. Right click on the first frame and click on actions. Type in this code:
8. You can play around with the first code if you want, just change the number in the parenthesis to whatever frame you want it to link to.
Next Tutorial: How to Make a Simple Maze Game.
Estimated Time Till My First Flash Will Be Done: 9 hours